Prep: 10 Minutes
Bake: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 16 Large Muffins
- 4 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana, approx. 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 3⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup PASCHA Chocolate Chips (we like to use 55% cacao)
- Preheat the oven the 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with 6 liners.
In a small mixing bowl, add the ground flax seed and warm water. Gently stir to combineand set aside for 4 minutes to thicken.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the melted coconut oil and mashed banana. Stir togetheruntil combined.
- Add in the ground flax seed mixture and stir to combine.
Sift in the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined and a thickbatter forms.
- With a spatula gently stir in the chocolate chips.
Divide the muffin batter between the 6 prepared muffin liners and bake for approximately20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to fully cool in the muffin tray. Enjoy!
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Note: Overripe bananas are best for this recipe.
Recipe, photos and reel credit @cakedbykatie
Music credit - Breeze by MBB