The Best Vegan Notella Recipe
After making this notella, you'll never want the store-bought spread of that other brand again!
You may be asking yourself, what is notella? It is the vegan better-for-you version of a popular hazelnut spread that is widely sold in stores. The great thing about this recipe is that it uses maple syrup and organic dates as the sweetener making this free of any refined sugars! Another plus is the fact that you only need a handful of ingredients to whip this up. Feel free to add in hazelnuts if a nuttier flavor is what you're after.
What ways can this easy, homemade spread be enjoyed?
- Use as a dip for your fruits and/or cookies and crackers (this would be a great alternative to chocolate bars when making s'mores).
- Use in place of peanut butter in a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.
- Can incorporate this into your baking such as a binder in your cookies or as a frosting.
- You can use this with breakfast staples. Spread over waffles, pancakes and crepes. You can even use it for making stuffed French toast! It would also be a yummy way to add some sweetness and texture to a bowl of plain oatmeal or a chia bowl.
- Add a serving to a milkshake, smoothie and so much more!
- *1/2 cup Organic Dates, pitted (We used The Date Lady)
- **1 cup Nut or Non-Nut Butter of Choice (We used Sunflower Butter)
- 1/2 cup Pascha Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips (We used 100% Cacao Organic Vegan Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 1 tbsp Pascha Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Add all but the maple syrup to a blender, bullet or food processor.
- Blend together for a few seconds until partially mixed.
- Add maple syrup and blend a few seconds more until mixed.
- Remove from blender and store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
*If dates are hard or not fresh then soften in warm water before using.
**Oil in nut-butter will change the consistency. We recommend using Once Again Sun Butter.
Music credit - Breeze by MBB