Vegan Yellow Cake
- We used the recipe from The Banana Diaries
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit
- 1/4 cup Non-GMO Corn Starch
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 tbsp Organic Vanilla
- 10 drops Vegan Yellow Food Coloring
Magic Shell Topping
- 2 bars of Pascha Chocolate (We used 70% Cacao)
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Make the cake if you haven't already. Set aside to cool.
- The recipe makes 3 layers, but for our recipe we decided to make 2 thicker layers instead - you can do what works best.
- Be sure to whisk flour in the bag and hand spoon into measuring cup and use a knife to level the flour.
- We found the need for extra buttermilk to give the recipe a less dense texture so you can increase by 1/3 when making or double the recipe. We added very little at a time until desired outcome.
- To make the pudding, mix together monk fruit, corn starch and salt in a sauce pan.
- Place over medium heat and whisk in the coconut milk trying to remove clumps as you whisk.
- Stir almost constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Turn off heat and add vegan butter and vanilla. Mix Well. Stir in food coloring.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Refrigerate for at least two hours before assembling the cake.
- To make the topping, chop Pascha Chocolate Bar into small pieces.
- Melt Coconut Oil on stove over medium heat.
- Add chocolate and mix well until blended.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place bottom layer of cake on a plate and top with 1/2 or 1/3 of the pudding mixture depending on how many layers you have. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. If doing three layers, repeat this process.
- Stack on top cake layer and add the rest of the pudding. Place the cake in the freezer for about 30 minutes so when the magic shell hits it hardens immediately, plus they are easier to handle.
- Pour magic shell over the whole cake and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Keep any cake stored in the refrigerator. If the chocolate coat gets grainy, before serving melt some fresh chocolate and apply a thin layer for a glossy finish.