Flavors: Blackberry White Chocolate & Dark Chocolate Cherry
Prep Time: 60 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 90 min.
- 1½ cups Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Vegan Butter, cut into chunks
- ¼ to ½ cup Water
- Organic Sugar-Free Cherry Jam
- Organic Sugar-Free Blackberry Jam (see below for recipe)
- Pascha Dark Chocolate (We used 85% Chips)
- Pascha Vegan White Chips
- Vegan Sprinkles (optional)
- Vegan Food Coloring (optional)
Whisk cassava flour in the bag and spoon into measuring cup from bag.
- Add to your food processor with salt and sugar pulsing until blended.
- Next add your vegan butter chunks pulsing until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add water starting with 5 tablespoons and turn food processor on until it forms a dough. If you need to add more water do so one teaspoon at a time.
- Once the dough is done form into two balls and place on parchment paper, wrap in plastic and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place on floured surface and warm up a little with your hands. If dough still feels dry you can run your hands under water and then work your hands into the dough a little.
- Roll dough onto flour surface and cut into squares (you should yield 8 squares per dough ball).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place squares on paper.
- Next fill the center of the squares leaving room around the edges with desired fillings and top with another rolled and cut out square.
- Use fork and press edges together and secure. Fork a few holes at the top of the tarts as well.
- Place try of pop tarts in the freezer for 30 minutes and bake 375°F for 30 minutes or keep in the freezer and bake for on demand YUM.
- For the topping use the double boiler method melt Pascha Chocolate on the stove until creamy.
- Spoon melted chocolate on each pop tart once cool.
- Add food coloring to the white chocolate and/or sprinkles to the pop tarts if desired.
Organic Blackberry Jam
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 25 min.
Yields: about ¾ cup
- 1 - 6 oz container of organic blackberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp of arrowroot powder & water mixed together
- ⅓ cup of maple sugar
- Place berries in a saucepan and using a hand masher begin to mash.
- Next add water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling turn down to low heat and continue stirring and smashing periodically for 15-20 minutes until desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and mix the water and arrowroot powder and add to mixture stirring well until thickened.
- Next add sugar and mix well.
- Let cool.