Prep Time: 60 min.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Total Time: 90 min.
Servings: 5-6 Pop Tarts Dependent on Size
- 1½ cups Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Vegan Butter, cut into chunks
- ¼ to ½ cup Water
- Notella Filling (Find our Recipe Here)
- Pascha Vegan Dark Chocolate (We used 85% Chips)
- Pascha Vegan White Chips
- Vegan Sprinkles (optional)
- Vegan Food Coloring (optional)
Whisk cassava flour in the bag and spoon into measuring cup from bag.
- Add to food processor with salt and sugar, pulsing until blended.
- Next add vegan butter chunks pulsing until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add water starting with 5 tablespoons and turn food processor on until it forms a dough. If you need to add more water do so one teaspoon at a time.
- Once the dough is done, form into two balls and place on parchment paper, wrap in plastic and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place on floured surface and warm up a little with your hands. If dough still feels dry you can run your hands under water and then work your hands into the dough a little.
- Roll dough onto flour surface and cut into squares (you should yield 8 squares per dough ball).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place squares on paper.
- Next fill the center of the squares leaving room around the edges with desired fillings and top with another rolled and cut out square.
- Use fork and press edges together and secure. Fork a few holes at the top of the tarts as well.
- Place try of pop tarts in the freezer for 30 minutes and bake 375°F for 30 minutes or keep in the freezer and bake for on demand YUM.
- For the topping use the double boiler method melt Pascha Chocolate on the stove until creamy.
- Spoon melted chocolate on each pop tart once cool.
- Add food coloring to the white chocolate and/or sprinkles to the pop tarts if desired.