Recipe makes 12-14 cupcakes.
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour (150g)
- 1/3 cup Pascha Chocolate Organic Cocoa Powder (27g)
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour (32g)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream (just the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup Pascha Chocolate Vegan White Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk (from a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 1 cup 85% Cacao Organic Vegan Extra Bitter-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine almond flour, cocoa powder, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, avocado oil, vanilla extract and coconut milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin pan, filling each slot 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 16-18 minutes.
- After baking, cool the cupcakes to room temperature on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, use a knife to cut a hole in the cupcakes to carve out space for the cream filling. Keep the part you carve out to place back on top of the filling.
Make the Cream Filling
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut cream and white chocolate chips over low heat. Once melted, chill in the fridge for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Scoop the filling into a plastic baggie and cut a hole in one end.
- Pipe the filling into the cupcakes.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
- Place the coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, remove from heat and add in the dark chocolate.
- Let the chocolate sit for 2 minutes. Then, using a whisk, stir the chocolate and coconut milk until it has a smooth, glossy texture.
- Immediately frost the cupcakes.
Recipe, photos and reel by @Bakeit.Paleo
Music credit - Breeze by MBB