Easy and Delicious Vegan Donuts Made with Chocolate and Espresso
These chocolate vegan donuts are perfect for making year round and make for a yummy breakfast treat!
With a total prep time of only 20 minutes, there's no excuse to not make these chocolate glazed, vegan donuts. In addition to being vegan, this recipe calls for using 1:1 gluten free flour which is great for friends and family who may have a gluten intolerance. We've also snuck in a bit of espresso powder into these baked donuts. We at Pascha believe that espresso and chocolate are undoubtedly a match made in heaven!
A few things to keep in mind
- Make sure your donut pan is generously prepared with coconut oil or a non-stick cooking spray. This will assist with an easy release of the donuts.
- We recommend using a spoon, cookie scoop or a piping bag for a mess-free (or almost mess-free) way to pour your batter into the prepared donut pan.
- Sift your dry ingredients together. This is especially helpful beause gluten free flour tends to be on the clumpier side. This technique will also make it easier to incorporate into your other ingredients.
Be sure to check us out on Instagram and see what we've been up to!
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Bake Time: 8-10 Min.
Total Time: 20 Min.
Yield: 6 Donuts
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Flour 1:1 Baking Blend
- ¼ cup Pascha Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- ¼ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ½ cup Coconut Milk, room temperature
- 3 tbsp Maple or Agave Syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 bar Pascha 70% Cacao Organic Vegan Dark Chocolate Bar with Arabica Coffee, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Preheat the oven the 350°F degrees and generously prepare a donut pan with coconut oil or baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
- Add in the coconut milk, maple or agave syrup, and coconut oil. Stir just until a thick batter forms. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Spoon, use a cookie scoop or piping bag to pour the donut batter into the prepared donut pan and bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the donut pan for 10 minutes and then invert on a cooling rack to fully cool.
- Using a double boiler, heat the Pascha chocolate bar and coconut milk until fully melted and smooth.
- Dip the top of each cooled donut into the chocolate ganache and place back on the cooling rack to set.
- Use the leftover chocolate ganache to drizzle on top of the set donuts if desired. Enjoy!
Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. Donuts can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Music credit - Breeze by MBB