The Best Vegan Lemon Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
This decadent vegan lemon cake is full of bright, citrusy notes!
Nothing says spring like tangy lemon treats. Actually, this is the time of the year when we see a lot of blueberry lemon muffins, lemon bars, etc. I thought we should kick start spring baking with this vegan lemon cake that is sure to brighten up your day and awaken your taste buds!
This recipe is super simple to make. As a matter of fact, the hardest part about it is waiting long enough for the cake to cool down to add your vegan white chocolate frosting! The frosting is optional but trust me when I say, you're not going to want to skip this step. It's too easy to not make!
How to prepare your white chocolate frosting:
For this, you're going to want to use the double boiler method. What is the double boiler method? It's essentially when you use the steam from a boiling pot of water to melt or cook food. You do this by placing a small pot or bowl into the large pot of boiling water. You'll want to place your white chocolate bar pieces into the smaller pot or bowl and stir it as you see it start to melt. Once chocolate is completely melted and smooth, remove the small bowl from the pot and pour over your cooled cake. Spread evenly with a spatula. In addition to the white chocolate, feel free to top off your frosting with a bit of fresh lemon zest or even add a bit of lemon juice to your bowl of melted chocolate before glazing it over the cake.
Alternatively, if you decide to steer clear of the double boiler method, you can also add your chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl along with 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Stir chocolate every 20 seconds to be sure that it doesn't burn.
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Bake Time: 35 Min.
Total Time: 45 Min.
Yield: 1 Loaf-sized Cake
Ingredients needed to make this tangy cake:
- 1 cup Coconut Milk, room temperature
- 1/3 Organic Lemon Juice, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 tbsp Organic Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Flour 1:1 Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Pascha Chocolate Vegan Organic White Baking Chips
- 8 squares Vegan White Bar
- Preheat the oven the 350°F degrees and prepare a 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Add in the sifted coconut flour, gluten-free flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. With a spatula mix until combined and a thick batter forms.
- Add the in Pascha white chocolate baking chips and mix until just combined.
- Dump the vegan lemon cake batter into the prepared pan and gently but firmly press down evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs and the edges are a light golden brown.
- Allow the lemon loaf cake to fully cool in the pan before removing.
- Using a double boiler, heat the Pascha vegan white bar squares stirring until fully melted and smooth.
- Remove the cooled lemon loaf cake from the pan and top with the melted white chocolate. Spread evenly over the top.
- Decorate as you please. We added sliced lemons, white chocolate chips, and dried flowers.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. This can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Recipe, photos and reel credit @cakedbykatie
Music credit - Breeze by MBB