How to Make Vegan Hot Chocolate Bombs
This is the time of the year when you want to enjoy all the warm and cozy beverages. Warm up with a cup of delicious hot cocoa by making your own vegan hot chocolate bombs!
It's difficult to decide what we enjoy more, sipping on this fun and yummy beverage or watching the vegan hot chocolate bombs "explode" when pouring hot milk over them!
How to make your own vegan hot cocoa mix
This recipe calls for using vegan hot cocoa. Unfortunately, this isn't always easy to find in stores. Not to worry though. We've put together an easy cocoa mix recipe that you can whip up at home in minutes!
Ingredients needed to make hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of coconut or cane sugar
Instructions for making hot cocoa mix
Place both ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Wasn't that easy?
Do you follow us on Instagram? Follow us on there to see what we've been up to, lately!
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 4 Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 Package Pascha 85% Cacao Organic Bitter-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Hot Cocoa Mix (See Note for Easy DIY Recipe)
- Vegan Marshmallows (We like to use Dandies)
- Vegan Sprinkles (optional)
- Vegan Milk
- Candy Thermometer
- Hot Cocoa Bomb Sphere Mold
- Food-Safe Paintbrush or Small Spoon
- Melt two thirds of the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over medium high heat until it reaches 105ºF.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and stir in the remaining third of the chocolate.
- Continue to stir until the chocolate cools to 85ºF.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the sphere cavities.
- With a food-safe paintbrush or small spoon coat the entire sphere mold with chocolate. Make sure you get the sides well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the chocolate spheres from the mold.
- Place a sphere in a cupcake liner or tin and fill with a scoop of vegan hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and sprinkles.
- With a warm pan or plate, melt the other chocolate sphere rim ever so slightly.
- Place the two chocolate spheres together and press gently to set.
- Top with a drizzle of extra melted chocolate and festive sprinkles if desired.
- To serve, place the hot cocoa bomb in a large mug and pour very hot vegan milk over top. Stir to melt the hot cocoa bomb and watch it “explode.” Enjoy!
Note: Make your own hot cocoa mix by combining 1 cup of Pascha 100% Natural Organic Cocoa Powder and 1 cup of organic coconut or cane sugar in a blender until smooth. Hot cocoa bombs can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe, photos and reel credit @cakedbykatie
Music credit - Breeze by MBB