Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 4 Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 Package Pascha 85% Cacao Organic Bitter-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Hot Cocoa Mix (See Note for Easy DIY Recipe)
- Vegan Marshmallows (We like to use Dandies)
- Vegan Sprinkles (optional)
- Vegan Milk
- Candy Thermometer
- Hot Cocoa Bomb Sphere Mold
- Food-Safe Paintbrush or Small Spoon
- Melt two thirds of the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over medium high heat until it reaches 105ºF.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and stir in the remaining third of the chocolate.
- Continue to stir until the chocolate cools to 85ºF.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the sphere cavities.
- With a food-safe paintbrush or small spoon coat the entire sphere mold with chocolate. Make sure you get the sides well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Gently remove the chocolate spheres from the mold.
- Place a sphere in a cupcake liner or tin and fill with a scoop of vegan hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, and sprinkles.
- With a warm pan or plate, melt the other chocolate sphere rim every so slightly.
- Place the two chocolate spheres together and press gently to set.
- Top with a drizzle of extra melted chocolate and festive sprinkles if desired.
- To serve, place the hot cocoa bomb in a large mug and pour very hot vegan milk over top. Stir to melt the hot cocoa bomb and watch it “explode.” Enjoy!
Note: Make your own hot cocoa mix by combining 1 cup of Pascha 100% Natural organic Cocoa Powder and 1 cup of organic coconut or cane sugar in a blender until smooth. Hot cocoa bombs can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe, photos and reel credit @cakedbykatie
Music credit - Breeze by MBB