For many of us S’mores are a rite of passage whether in childhood or adulthood. We never forget our first time making a S’more especially if it was over an open campfire. The funny thing is the phrase is a contraction of the words ‘some more’ and that's exactly what we want, after our first bite into a delicious, perfectly melted S’more.
Pascha Chocolate melts into a dairy-free, creamy, dreamy yum that is unmatched & PERFECT for S’more making. Our Mind. Body. Chocolate FIX comes with the magical impact of the many compounds in the cocoa bean helping to support your inner health. So making S’mores with Pascha Chocolate will not only taste great, but they also support your well-being.
We reached out to some of our FAVORITE bloggers to hear about their memories making S’mores
Bake It Paleo - Katie
“My favorite and most recent S'mores memory took place just this summer. It was my kids first time making S'mores, in fact it was their first time roasting marshmallows over an open fire. Their eyes were wide in wonder at the crackling flames as they sat toasting their marshmallows on a giant stick. One bite of their first S'mores and their faces lit up with delight! From the sticky marshmallow fingers to the chocolate smiles and graham cracker crumbs that littered the ground, it was a joyful sight I'll never forget.”
Casey the College Celiac - Casey
"My favorite memory around s'mores is the first time I had a gluten free S'more after my celiac diagnosis! I had lost so much 'normality' that it felt extra special to be able to use gluten free graham crackers - and some delicious vegan chocolate - to make a S'more that I could enjoy with the rest of my family!"
Caked by Katie - Katie
“I remember a summer long ago (I won’t tell you just how long ago in hopes to keep my youth alive) when my dad took my sisters and I out on our very first camping trip. Air mattresses were blown up, sleeping bags unrolled, and pillows fluffed, we all sat around the campfire telling seriously corny jokes. My dad carved some roasting sticks much to our amazement and showed us how to roast a marshmallow to golden perfection. He sandwiched that very same marshmallow between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate for our very first taste of a S'more. It was sticky and messy and delicious and a moment I will forever treasure.”
Team Pascha has been busy at work developing a recipe for Vegan & Gluten-Free Graham Crackers and we are so excited to share it with all of you. We recommend using a Vegan Marshmallow like Dandies for the perfect Vegan treat.
Vegan & Gluten-Free Graham Crackers
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 90 min. Servings: 12—20 crackers depending on size
- 1½ cups & 1 tbsp Cassava Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup date sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- Whisk cassava flour in the bag and spoon into a measuring cup. Next add to a large bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and date sugar together using a regular or danish whisk.
- Slice vegan butter into one inch cubes and add to the dry mixture.
- Using a danish whisk, fork or pastry cutter mix butter into mixture well. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Add maple syrup and mix well.
- Next add water one tablespoon at a time until smooth using your whisk or hands to combine.
- Place a sprinkle of cassava flour on a clean counter and put dough on top. Work the dough by simply folding it over itself a few times until well blended together.
- Wrap dough in parchment paper or plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When dough is ready preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Take dough and cut into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each piece to about 1/4 inch in thickness and cut out squares to your preferred size.
- Place on a cookie sheet and using a fork punch holes into the crackers.
- Bake, checking after 5 minutes until desired doneness. Enjoy!
Traditionally S’mores are cooked over an open campfire, but not the only way to make this delicious marshmallow and chocolate sandwich treats. You can also toast your marshmallows over a gas stove if you have one. In fact, you can even make a version of S’mores in your oven for a simple and fun year round YUM.
Vegan S'more Skillet for your Oven Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Total Time: 10 min. Servings: 4—10 depending on size of pan used (cast iron recommended)
- Pascha Chocolate (We suggest 85% Chips)
- Vegan Marshmallows (We used Dandies)
- Vegan Graham Crackers (recipe above)
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees
- Using a well oiled cast iron pan, and layer the bottom of the pan with Pascha Chocolate Chips or break up your favorite Pascha Bar
- Cover with marshmallows.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are desired doneness.
- Serve with graham crackers and dip into pan covering with chocolate/marshmallow mixture.