These flavorful ginger cookies made with PASCHA 100% cacao chocolate chips are perfect for afternoon tea! The spicy taste is perfectly balanced against the richness of the chocolate, creating an uncommon taste experience. Give this recipe a go the next time you’re looking to experiment with flavor!
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup soy-free Earth Balance
- ¼ cup ripe avocado
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup PASCHA 100% cacao chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground chia seeds and the water to make a chia seed egg. Set aside to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl add together the Earth Balance, avocado, molasses, vanilla extract, and the chia seed egg.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add the cane sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt all at once.
- Stir to combine.
- Add PASCHA chocolate chips and mix to incorporate.
- Roll into desired size cookies. Will make about 24 cookies.
- Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes, or until the bottoms start to darken.