The Ultimate Sweet Potato Frosting
The holidays can be indulgent at times but your cake frosting doesn't have to be. Make this healthier sweet potato frosting today!
We all know the holidays are filled with yummy baked goodies such as cakes, cookies, pies, and more. We also know that chocolate cake decorated with edible Christmas trees is a must! And what's a cake without frosting? We set out to make a healthier version and created a creamy sweet potato frosting that we know you're going to love!
Below, we've included directions on how to make this recipe with raw sweet potatoes. You can also use canned sweet potatoes if thats all you have or you're in a pinch and don't have an hour to wait for the sweet potato to cook in the oven.
Important tips to remember
Make sure that your cake layers are completely cool to room temperature before frosting them. If you frost them while they're still warm, the frosting will not stay in place and become difficult to work with. Another thing to keep in mind, after blending together all your ingredients for the frosting, set it aside for a few moments to allow it some time to thicken up. Also note that frosting should be blended until smooth and creamy.
Do you follow us on Instagram? Follow us on there to see what we've been up to, lately!
Sweet Potato Frosting:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium potato)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup PASCHA Chocolate Chips, melted (we used 85%)
Christmas Tree Cake:
- 1 recipe chocolate sweet potato icing
- 3 layers 8" chocolate cake
- Waffle Cones
- Green icing
- Icing sugar
- Poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil. Cook in the oven at 350F for about an hour, or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- Melt PASCHA Chocolate until smooth. Place your mashed sweet potato, melted PASCHA Chocolate, and canned coconut milk in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Set aside to thicken slightly.
- Bake your chocolate cake layers as desired. Allow cooling before icing.
- Ice your cake using your sweet potato icing.
- Using a cutting board, cut waffle cones to various sizes. Place onto the side and top of the cake.
- Pipe stars onto the cones using green icing. When all cones are fully covered, dust with icing sugar to resemble snow. ENJOY!