- 1 cup Unsweetened Nut Milk
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Cassava Flour
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar or Maple Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pascha Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Hearts Content Amount of Pascha Chocolate Chips (we used 85% Cacao here)
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 2 - 8 inch pans and line with parchment paper.
- Add nut milk and vinegar to a bowl, mix with fork and set aside.
- To measure Cassava flour, whisk in bag and then spoon into measuring cup.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips to a bowl, stir with a whisk to blend.
- Add in coconut oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and milk/vinegar mixture. Use a hand mixer or danish whisk and blend well.
- Add 1 cup boiling water and mix well.
- Add batter to pans and bake for 20-25 minutes until the center is done.
- Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack.
- Frost cake using the Pascha Chocolate Vegan Buttercream Icing recipe here.
For nut allergies, replace with an alternative milk.
This recipe works with regular flour however use 2 cups instead.
You can use Monk Fruit for a sugar replacement.
To make a 4 layer cake as shown in the photos, double the recipe and grease a total of 4 - 8 inch pans instead of two.
Music by Vitaliy Levkin