This is the time of year the word HACK matters & this rustic feel with fresh flowers is worth SAVING.
- 2 Cake Mixes (we used keto/paleo cake mixes)
- 2 Frosting Tubs (we used a keto frosting)
- 1 bag Pascha Organic Vegan White Baking Chips
- 1/2 bag Pascha 100% Cacao Organic Vegan Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- Cutting Circle or something to make desired size rounds from the sheet cake
- Baking Sheet
- Cake Scraper
- Mix up cake mixes as instructed.
- Add Pascha White Chocolate Chips to the prepared cake batter and mix.
- Spray a baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into baking sheet.
- Tap sheet a few times on the counter to get the batter evenly distributed.
- Bake in the oven checking about halfway through suggested baking time.
- Continue to check in intervals until done then remove and let sit.
- Once cool you have a few choices – remove from pan by lifting parchment paper and slipping a board under immediately. You can flip over like a traditional cake or cut out the circles with-out removing the entire sheet.
- I chose to cut them in the pan and work from there.
- Place your cutting circle above the baking sheet cake and visualize how to cut out 3 layers.
- Begin to cut the 1st layer and place on the cake plate/turn table.
- Ice the top of the cake with a thick layer.
- Continue this until all three layers are done.
- Now apply icing to the sides of the cake in a thinner layer.
- Use a cake scraper to give it a rustic feel by going over and over again until look is achieved.
- Melt dark chocolate using a double boiler over medium low heat.
- Stirring constantly once the chocolate begins to melt.
- Once melted pour about 1 inch from the edge of the top layer spinning the cake to get a good coverage all around.
- Keep spinning to help chocolate roll down cake side to desired look then let the chocolate harden for a few minutes.
- Top with fresh flowers if using and enjoy!
Music by Pavel Bekirov