- Dairy-free Ice-cream
- Chocolate Cake Batter
- 2/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 bar PASCHA Chocolate (we used 55%)
Vegan Meringue Coating:
- 1 cup aquafaba (juice from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Choose a small dome-shaped bowl and a small round cake pan that have the same diameter. Line the small bowl with plastic wrap and fill with dairy-free ice-cream. Freeze overnight, or until frozen.
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper and fill with chocolate cake batter. Bake and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the ganache layer by heating coconut milk until just starting to bubble. Chop PASCHA Chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Pour warm milk over chopped chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute. Stir until creamy.
- Place chocolate cake on a cake stand and the frozen dome of ice-cream on top. over this, pour chocolate ganache. Ice until chocolate is evenly distributed. Set back in the freezer.
- In the bowl of a standup mixer, add. the aquafaba and the cream of tartar. Mix until soft peaks form. While mixing on medium-low, slowly pour in white sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cover as much of the cake as you wish with the vegan meringue. Using a mini blow torch, brown the edges of the meringue to your desired look. If you don't have a mini blow torch, use the broiler in the oven. Be careful of the ice-cream melting underneath!
- Serve right away. Enjoy!