We are sharing this delicious recipe from The Chalkboard. A perfect treat for a special day!
- 3/4 c Chia Seeds
- 1/3 c + 1 tbsp Pascha Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2 pinches Sea Salt
- 2 1/4 c (Nut) Milk of Choice
- 1/4 c + 1 1/2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanila Extract
- 1 1/2 c Pascha Dark Chocolate Chips (We used our 100% Cacao, Single Ingredient, Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 (13.5 oz) can Full-Fat Coconut Milk, refrigerated upside down
- 2 tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Rose Water
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1/4 Cacao Nibs
- 1 tbsp Dried Edible Rose Petals (stems and leaves discarded)
- At least 1 hour before serving, combine the chia seeds, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add your milk of choice, maple syrup and vanilla and continue whisking until all cocoa powder clumps are dissolved and the chia begins to thicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Transfer the thickened chocolate chia pudding to a blender and blend on high until very creamy and smooth.
- In a double boiler over boiling water, melt the chocolate chips until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, orange zest, and cardamom to the blender with the blended chia pudding, and blend on low until all is incorporated. Taste and add a touch more sweetness or salt if you like.
- Scoop the mousse out of the blender and into a bowl. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, to set.
- Open the bottom of the can of chilled coconut milk, scoop out the thick coconut cream, and discard the rest of the liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut cream with the sugar, rose water and cardamom. Whip with an electric mixer on high until the mixture becomes smooth, light and whippy.
- Top the mousse with cardamom rose coco whip and sprinkle with the cacao nibs and rose petals. Enjoy!
Music by Pavel Bekirov
Recipe Copyright © 2017 by Lily Diamond from KALE & CARAMEL: Recipes for Body, Heart, and Table published by Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.