Yield: About 28 Sandwich Cookies
- 1¼ cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Pascha Dark Chocolate Chips(we used our Pascha 70% Stevia Chips)
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Seed Butter
- ¼ cup Pascha Dark Chocolate Chips (we used our Pascha 70% Stevia Chips)
- Optional: Sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees F.
- Combine almond flour, monk fruit sweetener, ground flax and salt.
- Mix in coconut oil, water and vanilla with a spatula, then use your hands to combine the dough.
- Roll cookie dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper to about 1/8"-1/4" thick.
- Use a small circular cookie cutter to cut out cookie shapes. Transfer the shapes to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven, cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Melt chocolate for the filling, then mix in sunflower seed butter.
- Pour mixture into a plastic bag, cut a small hole in one end and pipe the chocolate filling onto half the cookies*.
- Place another cookie on top of the frosted ones to create a "sandwich”.
- Freeze the sandwich cookies for 10 minutes to set.
- Melt the dark chocolate for the coating.
- Dip the frozen cookies half way into the melted chocolate and top with sprinkles.
If the chocolate filling is too runny, let it sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
If the filling becomes too hard, run the baggie under warm water to re-melt the chocolate.
Recipe by @bakeit.paleo