- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 small can Chipotle Pepper in Sauce
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce or Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp desired Nut Butter or Sunbutter
- 1 1/2 c Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 1 bar 100% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar with Cocoa Nibs, chopped
- Heat olive oil, onions and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often.
- Chop a chipotle pepper adding to the pan along with 1 tbsp of sauce from the can.
- Add tomato sauce, stirring well until mixed together.
- Heat together for about 30 min over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and blend well using an immersion blender, blender or food processor.
- Add spices, nut butter and broth, blending well.
- Once blended, return to saucepan over medium heat and cook to reduce, about 10 min.
- Take off the heat and stir in chopped chocolate. Mix until the chocolate is melted and enjoy!
Music by Pavel Bekirov