The Best Vegan Crinkle Cookies
Have you started making your holiday baking list yet? Don't forget to add these vegan crinkle cookies to the top of that list!
Why do crinkle cookies crack?
These vegan crinkle cookies are first rolled in powdered sugar before being placed in the oven.These cookies produce a cracked-like appearance because they spread in the oven as they bake, causing the powdered sugar coating to crack.
How to get the perfect crinkle cookie?
To get the perfect crinkle cookie, you want to make sure that you chill the dough first. Do this step before forming into balls and rolling in powdered sugar. Skipping this step could lead to not achieving that cracked, crinkle-like effect.
Do you follow us on Instagram? Follow us on there to see what we've been up to, lately!
- 2 cups PASCHA Chocolate Chips (we used 85%)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup butter replacement (we used Earth Balance)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- In a bowl combine butter replacement and sugar either by hand or with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, melt PASCHA Chocolate until fully melted.
- Add melted PASCHA to sugar mixture and stir until homogenous.
- Add in the ground chia, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, and gluten-free flour and mix either by hand or with a mixture. The mixture will be very dry. Slowly add in dairy-free milking stirring after each addition.
- Cover dough and place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Roll dough into balls and roll in icing sugar until well coated. Place each ball of dough on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake until bottoms hold together and top has begun to crack about 10 minutes.